Top FAQ’s asked on the last weekly webinar – Ask yours by registering and tuning in each Wednesday at 1pm.
1. How will I know I like Cardiff as a City?
So I never went to an open day at Cardiff, risky I know, but it had an amazing course, so I knew I wanted to go. So I decided to go onto google Earth and look through the City, it actually was a fab place to start, it gives you a great feel for city and gets your bearings. Cardiff has so much to offer, all within an area that you can get around by walking and bus, check out this space in the future, I will be writing about living in Cardiff and give you some top tips for the City. Viewing the City is useful, but making sure you can view your accommodation is essential, cannot stress that enough, have a look around ours via our virtual tour!
2. Is there always someone to speak to in Zenith?
Absolutely, we have lovely staff at the building 24 hours a day you can speak to, feel free to get to know the people at Zenith! My usual home is round the side of the building, and I love people popping in for a coffee (obviously, not in the present situation ).
3. What is the atmosphere at Zenith like?
POSITIVE, I love cap locks, and Zenith deserves it, it is such a positive place, that sets you up to get the most out of Uni as you can, and this is reflected in the atmosphere, it has such a variety of people and facilities, that Zenith can be whatever you want/make it to be.
4. You has mentioned getting involved with societies, does Zenith help with this?
Completely, we have a great relationship with loads of societies, who come into Zenith to hold events like basketball competitions, Fifa competitions, nights in our Sky Bar and loads more. So when you are in your society, you can use Zenith as a place to bring your society (societies are always looking for facilities to use), and meet people from the societies as well!
5. Will I meet people if I live in my own Studio?
6. Does the shuttle bus cost extra?
7. Can I arrive back late at night?
8. What is the most used social space?
9. Are there events?
10. Are you currently still running events?
Check out our Instagram (@fusionstudentsuk) or visit our events page to find out and sign up! We have transferred our events over to virtual and are running art classes, cooking classes, cocktail making, yoga and plenty more. I’ve also been running our “Fusion Bingo” events, which have been great fun.
11. What views there are from Zenith?
12. What is the best way to get around Cardiff?
13. What has been your best moment at Zenith this year?
14. How are people still booking their accommodation during lockdown?
15. What is the wackiest hobby that you have started doing during lockdown?
16. Do you know if there will be much of a Freshers’ week next year?
17. Can I store my own bike at Zenith?
Not only can you store your own bike, we have Fusion Students bikes available for you to use for free. If you’re still interested in buying your own (I would never recommend bringing a car to Cardiff if possible), then there are plenty of places to get your second-hand bike such as Facebook marketplace, or come to visit me and I can always help.
18. Where are you based at Zenith?
Interested? Register here.
Whilst many of us have been content with binge watching the latest Netflix series or getting to the bottom of our reading lists during the pandemic, some have taken the brave step to turn their skills into a business. Hannah Searson is one such person who, having...
You may have noticed several things going on this month: your American friends getting very tense, everyone else becoming equally tense with another lockdown and…a strange shadow starting to form of the upper lips of some of your friends. Yes, it’s that time again -...
As the weather starts to get colder and darker, it's the perfect time to cook up some delicious comfort food to get you through the season! There are so many fun recipes to try and here are just a few of my favourites.Creamy Mac 'N' CheeseMac 'n' cheese is a childhood...